New video shows 3D profiling of rubber seals with the LMI Gocator
10 May 2015
The Gocator’s laser line is scanned perpendicularly across the rubber seal to allow a profile of the rubber seal to be acquired by the software. The video shows how a fixturing tool can be set up to track part movement and make a valid measurement. The distance of the seal from the edge of the pipe can be measured within user-defined minimum and maximum limits. With the fixture and measurement tools running, the pipe rotated about its central axis, to allow measurements to be made of the complete seal. The video also shows how the system is able to detect an incorrectly seated rubber seal.
With its integrated laser source and optics, the LMI Gocator is factory pre-calibrated to simplify setup and provide consistent, reliable measurements in real-world coordinates, even in applications where temperature variation might be expected to introduce measurement errors.
A powerful suite of built-in measurement tools turns live 3D profiles into real-time measurements. A simple point and click GUI allows single or multiple measurement tools to be selected according to the application requirements.
LMI Technologies is changing the 3D measurement experience in factory automation. By developing all-in-one 3D smart sensors that are easy to use yet flexible, this technology is making part inspection and 100 % quality control simpler to accomplish around the world.
- Compact and flexible 3D laser line profilers
- Standalone smart inspection sensors
- Setup and control via integrated web browser
- No external controllers required
- 3D smart sensor with exceptional user experience focused on ease of use
- Laser distance measurement to measure height, thickness, or surface roughness
- Ideal for high-speed, closed loop control applications
- Scan rates up to 32kHz